The mission of the Oklahoma Clean Lakes & Watersheds Association (OCLWA) is to provide a forum for scientists, citizens, and professionals to exchange ideas, receive education, and form partnerships to foster sound management and protection of lakes and watersheds.
OCLWA’s Purpose & Objectives...
- To promote sound lake management and the general welfare of waters in Oklahoma.
- To disseminate information to the membership and the public regarding policy and technical developments in the field of lake management and promote the exchange of information.
- To serve as the voice of membership in matters under consideration by federal, state, or local policy makers and other entities.
- To support the development of research and standards for lake management.
- To support activities promoting public awareness and education for the protection of lakes and watersheds.
- To support and encourage public participation in national, state, and local programs promoting citizen involvement in lake management.
- To promote the welfare of lake and watershed management interests in any other areas deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
OCLWA is a non-profit organization of scientists, government officials, lake users, consultants, citizens, and organizations concerned with lake and watershed issues.
Oklahoma Clean Lakes & Watersheds Association works for clean water by:
- Promoting Partnerships
- Exchanging Information
- Supporting Science
- Heightening Insight
- Protecting Resources
Accepted as Oklahoma’s Chapter of the North American Lakes Management Society in 1989, OCLWA is a non-profit organization consisting of a 12-member volunteer Board of Directors and 59 members active in the lake and watershed management field in a professional or volunteer capacity.
OCLWA supports efforts to protect Oklahoma's waters from pollution and nutrient enrichment:
Letter to Governer Henry
Letter to Attorney General Drew Edmondson
2017-18 Board Members
||Scott Stoodley, Oklahoma State University
||Greg Kloxin, Oklahoma Conservation Commission
||Monty Porter, Oklahoma Water Resources Board
||Julie Chambers, Oklahoma Water Resources Board
Shanon Phillips, Oklahoma Conservation Commission
Abu Mansaray, Oklahoma State University
Lance Phillips, Oklahoma Water Resources Board
Dan Storm, Oklahoma State University
Buck Ray, Olsson Associates
Dan Lowrance, Lake McMurtry Friends
Ray West, City of Tulsa
Yvette Wiley, Iowa Tribe
Non-voting Board Members
Jason Vogel, Oklahoma State University
Jason Childress, OG&E
Paul Koenig, Oklahoma Water Resources Board
Vernon Seaman, INCOG
Brian Maggot, Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality